Sunday, August 18, 2013

Back to School!

Well, the 2013-2014 school year is underway!  Here is just a sneak peak into my classroom.  I decided to go with the black and white theme this year and add a little bit of color.  Mostly bright colors.  I really like my classroom and the lay out of it this year.  Being almost 8 months pregnant at the beginning of the year I am finding that I am sitting a lot on a rolling chair and my classroom arrangement is easy for me to maneuver in and out of areas.  This board below is my jolly phonics board.  The students will learn all these sounds by the end of October.  It is amazing how much they reference these throughout the year for both reading and writing.  Under the jolly phonics are their mailboxes where they keep their binder and important papers and to the right of the mail boxes are math manipulatives for math workshop!  It is a great way for students to access supplies instantly and in an organized fashion.
 This next picture is from the back of my classroom looking at the front of the classroom.  My desk is to the left and the smart board is directly in front.  I have 23 amazing little kiddos and I think this is going to be a great year.  We have only been in school for 3 days so far but so far so good!  I hope it continues to improve and everyone jells together!  Table numbers and colors are hanging down from the ceiling.  This is something that I added this year to give the classroom a "fun" feel!
 


The colored boxes of yellow, pink, green, and blue are their book boxes for readers workshop and above them is the word wall that will contain all their kindergarten sight words.
Calendar area....it is not yet  complete because as we introduce numbers and shapes, I will add those things to this area.

Below are a few pictures of Bret's classroom!  We went in on Saturday before school started and did some decorating.  He is sharing a classroom this year with a math teacher.  Government and math don't really go together but they are doing a great job at sharing,  Bret has the back of the classroom.

 
 
                                    
 
I decorated the bulletin board below.  He had a TON of stuff he wanted to put on this bulletin board and I tried to organize it in an organized fashion that made sense.  I think I did a good job!
 
Well that sums up Back to School 2013.  I will post first day of school pictures soon!  This year is going to be filled with a lot of changes.  Me being one not to take much time off of work will take 8 plus weeks off to stay home with the babies starting in October.  Bret changed school districts so that has been another huge adjustment for our family and when the babies are born, our entire world will turn upside down once again.  However, we are embracing the changes and know that this will be the best thing for our family.  Thank you for your continued support and prayers!  They are heard every day! We are so blessed by God's love and grace! 

1 comment:

  1. It looks great!! However, I noticed you changed the border on your Jolly Phonic's board after I worked so hard on putting it up! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete