Sunday, September 16, 2012

Apple Picking

On Sunday, we woke up and the weather was great for some apple picking at Weston Red Barn Farm.  We have done this for a few years now and it is so much fun.  The apples are not the best quality, but it is the experience that makes it a lot of fun!
They also have a pumpkin patch, hay rides, corn maze, petting zoo, farm animals, and a great little country store.  Bret and I plan on returning to get some pumpkins and go on the hay ride sometime soon.  They have a large variety of different kinds of pumpkins.
 I don't look great in this next picture but look at all the apples on the trees. There were TONS of them. We were picky in which ones we chose because I only want to eat the best.
This is Bret showing off our bushel of apples.  We picked a lot of different kinds. I think there were jonathan, gayla, golden delicious, braeburn, and another one that I can't recall.
It was a great way to enjoy the 68 degree weather we had this weekend!  When I got home I made some yummy apple crisp and we enjoyed it with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment